Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lesson 3


We tried to capture the joy of the birds on our 3rd lesson.  The students followed me closely.  But many are disappointed that their birds did not look like mine.  This is normal.  There is a mechanism of visualization that matures with your students.  The painting process awaken's this mechanism.  Your students will develop keen interest in looking at whatever they try to paint. Their paintings, good or bad also teach them how 2 dimensional representation work.   This will develop in them a habit of effective observation.   

I explained to your students that when I eat chicken nuggets, I need to eat 8 to be full.  Even though I am still hungry after I eat the 1st one,or 2nd one, it does not mean I have eaten them in vain.  Because I can't eat my 8th one and be full without the previous experiences.  We will revisit birds including chicks, ducks or cranes to reinforce their mental picture of birds, for now I think the students need a little comfort painting to give them a sense of mastery.  We will do some flowers before continue with birds.

I will start exhibit some of their paintings on school wall next week.  I will pick some to represent what we did in class so far.  All students will have their paintings exhibited one time or another, but not every time. 

Thank you for allowing  your children to explore the visual delight with me in our painting adventure.  I have attached my sample painting for your reference.   

No comments:

Post a Comment