Monday, April 9, 2012

lesson 9 grapes

Dear Creative friends: We don't have class this coming Tuesday (Spring break). We have 3 more classes after spring break. I enjoy each and every class with your students. Thank you for this opportunity. Letting the painting tell you what it needs. While it's all about surrendering to the work itself, it's also the quality of the dialogue in front of it. Well-chosen placement of the confident strokes gives us great satisfaction. Then they all speak and tell us what we really are inside. As it is said, "How do I know what I think until I hear what I say." In our case, "How do I know what I know until I paint" We did grapes last week, attached for your reference. Your students are now very comfortable in loading their brushes. They are very deliberate in executing each strokes. You should see their focus and concentration when they paint. Their paintings in the hall way may speak for themselves. Enjoy it. Have a great Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment