Friday, October 7, 2011

lesson 6 frogs


Dear Creative friends

Last Tuesday we did frogs.  Even though creatures are harder than flowers.  But since there are a handful of returning students who are anxious to try new topics.  So I decided to dive in animals for this session.  This may not be fair for the New Students, since they have not had stroke training with the floral paintings.  In painting creatures, our first emphasis is in visual resemblance instead of stroke drill.  But I trust everything will come together in your student's creative venture if they continue to explore this classic form of painting with delight and courage.  

I regret in an incident when I corrected a student's stroke on her painting.  She was very upset. Later on I realized that if the student did her best and was satisfied with what she did.  I should respect that.  I will be more conscious about student's sensitivity toward their work.  

I did a promotional video with Young Audience in Woodruff Art Center.  You may view the clips from the link below.  

http://www.yawac.org/Special-Initiatives/The-Dream-Art-Contest.aspx  

I have attached the class demonstration for your reference.  We will try gold fish next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment