Wednesday, October 12, 2011

lesson 7 gold fish with ink

We did gold fish on Tuesday at Joyousbrush Club.   In our limited time, the students did their best to follow my instruction.  I can see the returning students have more experience about loading their brush with the appropriate amount of ink.  This is experiential knowledge.  I can't make it clear by instruction.  

We will do gold fish again next week in color.  Hopefully this revisit will bring some degree of comfort to this fast moving introductory class.  Brush Painting takes time to mature. Approach nature with simplicity and document it with elegant brush strokes is my goal.  Your students are following nicely with delight and learning by faith.  Even though I try to develop stand along projects, the understanding and the confidence requires much simmering. 
  “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

The students have more paintings displayed on the Hall in school.  They also received their red wallet profolio, which will come home with all the paintings we did at the end of our sessions.  

We have 3 more lessons left.  It's time to think about Joyousbrush Club in January.  I would like to offer flower paintings for so many students who have not had them.  The stoke drills are in the floral paintings.  Chinese language Club is another option for the Spring as well.  I will sent home some kind of survey next week to help me make the decision for Spring proposal to Kincaid Foundation.  

The class demonstration is attached for your reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment